A verdict of accidental death has been returned after a man was electrocuted while charging his Apple iPhone in his bath.
Richard Bull, from Ealing , suffered severe burns on his chest, arm and hand when an extension cable he ran from his hallway to the bathroom and rested on himself came into contact with the water.
Mr Bull was discovered by his wife Tanya on December 11 when she returned home. His injuries were so bad that at first she thought he had been attacked.
Paramedics were called but the 32-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Recording a verdict of accidental death, Dr Sean Cummings said Apple could make changes to improve safety.
He said: “These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.
“They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.