A day beside the seaside is always a great day out, especially with this stretch of lovely warm weather we've been enjoying!
From making sandcastles and sunbathing to enjoying a fish and chip lunch, the beach is THE place to be this summer... And some brave souls will be baring all in an effort to get an even tan.
The south east of England is home to many beaches from traditional seaside resorts such as Eastbourne and Margate, to the golden sands at Bournemouth, but hidden away from the tourist attractions are beaches where you can strip off and go for a skinny dip.
Here are 20 nudist beaches that are an easy journey away from west London.
Nudist beaches within easy reach of west London
- Abbot's Cliff, Folkestone, Kent
- Birling Gap, near Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Blackgang, Isle of Wight
- Botany Bay, Margate, Kent
- Brighton (Kemp Town), East Sussex
- Browndown Point (Stokes Bay), Lee-On-Solent, Hampshire
- Calshot, Hampshire
- Camber Sands, East Sussex
- Church Norton, near Chichester
- Eastney Beach, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Fairlight Glen, Hastings, East Sussex
- Leysdown, Isle of Sheppey, Kent
- Long Rock Beach, Swalecliffe, Kent
- Meon, near Lee-On-Solent, Hampshire
- Norman's Bay, near Bexhill, Sussex
- Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, Sussex
- Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent
- Sandwich Bay, Kent
- Selsey (West Beach), West Sussex
- Shoreham (Portslade), West Sussex
Prefer tanning with your swimsuit ON? Here are beaches near west London that require covering up.