Supermarket giant Tesco has issued its new contactless Clubcard.
The new loyalty card will enable shoppers to 'tap' the card against a reader at every checkout once they have finished their shopping, in the same way a contactless bank card works.
Any points earned from the transaction will be added to the card's balance instantly.
Tesco is sending new Clubcards out over four weeks. If you haven't received your new Clubcard by August 7th you can order one through the website.
But it's not just Clubcards which have undergone changes as part of the new plans - the Clubcard app is going to be radically different too.
New customers will be able to use the Tesco Clubcard app to sign up to Clubcard straight away while shopping instore.
Existing customers will also be able to access their vouchers at the checkout with the touch of a button - so gone are the days when you lament leaving your vouchers at home.
Chief Customer Officer Alessandra Bellini said: “Tesco Clubcard is one of the most uniquely helpful things we do and it’s our way of saying thank you to our customers for shopping with us.
“We’ve listened to customers and we’re delighted to have made Clubcard even simpler and easier to use, introducing a brand new contactless card, an upgraded Clubcard app, and added to our list of partners too.
“Clubcard is the most rewarding loyalty scheme in the sector and we’re looking forward to seeing how customers respond to the improvements.”
How does Tesco Clubcard work?
The Tesco Clubcard is one of the UK’s most popular loyalty schemes.
In a nutshell, reward cards can offer regular shoppers extensive savings throughout the year that can either be redeemed as you go, or collected and used at Christmas or for a big occasion.
But many consumers who haven't signed up for one, or who don't use it may be wondering what they're missing. We've broken down some of the key benefits below:
- You get one point for every £1 you spend in store or online, including on Tesco Direct , F&F clothing , even on Tesco Mobile .
- You also get one point for every £2 spent at Tesco Fuel or every £4 if you have a mortgage with Tesco.
- You can also collect points with a host of partners that includes Alton Towers, Cineworld and the RAC.
- Using your Clubcard on transactions with a partner brand is an effective way to rack up points on general household bills and items.
- If you use a Tesco financial product you can further boost your Clubcard collection too - with the Tesco Clubcard credit card for example you earn points whenever you use it. So you get one point for every £4 you spend at Tesco and for every £8 you spend everywhere else.