Londoners can get a free drink to celebrate International Gin & Tonic Day.
Campari, Italy’s iconic red bittersweet apéritif, is partnering with some of the top bars in London to offer you the chance to sample a Milanese G&T, on the house, on Thursday (October 19).
The Milanese G&T is a sophisticated Italian take on the British classic – adding Campari to the traditional gin and tonic.
The iconic bitter drink was invented by Gaspare Campari in Milan in 1860.
To receive their drink on the house, all customers have to do is order their Gin & Tonic with the phrase 'make mine a Milanese' .
The offer will be available on Thursday (October 19) only.
The first 50 customers in each participating bar who order using the Campari phrase will receive a perfectly balanced drink, offered on the house.
You can upgrade your G&T at the following bars:
- Prince of Peckham, Clayton Rd, SE15 5JA
- Three Eight Four , Coldharbour Ln, Brixton, SW9 8LF
- Boma Bridge , Putney High St, SW15 1SL
- Rotorino , Kingsland Road, E8 4AA
- The Old Queens Head , Essex Road, N1 8LN
- Disrepute, Kingly Court, Soho, W1B 5PW
- Drink Shop & Do , Caledonian Rd, Kings Cross, N1 9DX
- High Water, Stoke Newington Rd, Stoke Newington, Ln N16 8BJ
- Ten Bells, Commercial St, Spitalfields, E1 6LY
- Ritorno , King's Rd, Chelsea, SW10 0LQ
For those enjoying in a gin at home, it couldn’t be easier to make a Milanese G&T from the comfort of your living room; fill a tall glass with ice, add 25ml Campari, 25ml Gin, add a squeeze of fresh lime, fill to the top with tonic water and garnish with a lime wedge.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.