Cocktails don't just have to be restricted to fancy bars and nights out with friends.
If you are hosting a New Year's Eve party you can whip up some impressive recipes from the comfort of your own home - and you don't have to be a professional mixologist to make them.
We've rounded up some easy-to-make, delicious cocktails you can enjoy as you bring in 2018 - choose from an Espresso Martini, some gin-based offerings and a classic Lynchburg lemonade.
37.5 ml Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
12.5 ml Triple sec orange-flavoured liqueur
3 lemon wedges
1 tsp brown sugar
Lemon, cloves and cinnamon stick to garnish
- Pour the Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Triple sec into a cup.
- Add the sugar and three squeezes of the lemon wedges.
- Top with hot water.
- Garnish with lemon, cloves and a cinnamon stick.
Ketel One Oranje espresso martin i
50ml Ketel One Oranje
25ml Mr Black Spirits
Cold Press Coffee Liqueur
25ml Cold-brew coffee concentrate
One dash orange bitters
- Shake all ingredients vigorously in a mixer.
- Strain into a chilled coupe, or over rocks in a large tumbler.
- Garnish with chocolate flakes and orange zest.
Clementine and cinnamon Sloe G&T
50ml of Sipsmith Sloe Gin
1 cinnamon stick
A grate of nutmeg to garnish
- Add the gin to a highball glass over ice cubes.
- Add the tonic water.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a grate of nutmeg.
Lee Broom cocktail
50ml Tanqueray n.10
30ml Connaught cordial (pineapple, timur pepper and kombucha)
5ml freshly squeezed lime juice
5ml Galliano L’Autentico liqueur
- Shake all the ingredients with some ice and strain in the cocktail glass.
- Spray of green mandarin essence as garnish.