Vegetables will go from humble sides to the stars of the show in the new autumn menu at a London restaurant.
Carluccio's in Covent Garden is launching a pop-up vegan restaurant in October, featuring more than 20 Italian veggie and vegan dishes, in collaboration with chef, Anna Barnett.
From Monday October 23 the Cucina Verde will be popping-up on the first floor of Carluccio’s flagship restaurant on Covent Garden’s Garrick Street.
The entire first floor of the Covent Garden restaurant will be converted into a meatless dining experience.
On the menu is:
- Crostini al funghi, sautéed mushrooms and kale in garlic and chilli on toasted ciabatta;
- Polpette di pane featuring meatless bread balls of semi-dried tomatoes, garlic, capers and rustica olives in a tomato sauce on spaghetti
- Orecchiette al cavoflore with cauliflower purée, sautéed kale, chilli and roasted turmeric cauliflower florets
- Zucca con verdure arrostite – roasted butternut squash, vegetables with pine nuts and garlic herb breadcrumbs
- Pasta e fagioli - a traditional thick soup of pasta, borlotti beans and tomatoes from northern Italy
Carluccio’s signature vegetable dishes of Penne Giardiniera (giant Pugliese penne with crispy spinach balls) and Antonio’s famous mushroom risotto with a hint of chilli and truffle oil will also be available.
There will also be as a sharing verdure board laden with roasted peppers, red onion marmalade with goat’s cheese bruschetta, marinated artichokes and more.
“We have seen a huge demand for more vegetarian and vegan dishes, many from our millennial diners who are giving up or reducing their meat intake, either for environmental and/or health reasons," said Neil Wickers, CEO of Carluccio’s.
"Our new menu firmly puts the spotlight on vegetables and the Cucina Verde has been created to further highlight the variety of delicious meat-free dishes we now have on offer across all our restaurants every day.”
The vegan takeover will start on Monday October 23 and run on the following four consecutive Mondays.
Spaces are limited so you can book online from Friday (October 13) or call the restaurant on 020 7836 0990 quoting ‘Cucina Verde’.
Address: Garrick St, London WC2E 9BH
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.