Spectacular displays of plants and flowers, historic gardens and scarecrows... What's not to love about the annual Hampton Court Flower Show?
The festival, now in its 25th year and organised by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), runs at the prestigious venue in East Molesey from Tuesday June 30 until Sunday July 5.
Here we look at the essential information you need to know if you're looking to travel to this year's event:
Tuesday to Saturday (June 30 - July 4), 10am - 7.30pm
Sunday (July 5), 10am - 5.30pm * (plant sell off 4.30pm)
The post code for the palace is KT8 9AU, but you will need to follow AA signage for the show car parks.
The show is easily accessible from the M25 (exit 12, A308) or from central London (via the A3 and A309).
The closest railway station to the show is Hampton Court, which is a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo by South West Trains. Small groups of three to nine people can get a 34% discount via the website or by calling 023 8072 8162.
There is a park & ride service available at Apps Court Farm on the A3050 (junction 11), costing £5 – follow the red signage.
Once parked, you can take the courtesy bus service from Apps Court Farm to the park & ride drop off point at Molesey Lock, which is a 15-minute walk from show.
There are return bus services from Molesey Lock to Apps Court Farm throughout the day, the last service departs from Molesey Lock at 7.30pm Tuesday to Saturday and at 5.30pm on Sunday.
There are two car parks at the show - the Stud Gate car park (follow the black signage) and the Hampton Court Green car park (follow the green signage).
Both car parks are located off the A308 Hampton Court Road and cost £11 for the day, or £6 for disabled visitors.
There are options of 100% freshly made beef burgers, sustainable fish & chips, free-range hog roasts and succulent rotisserie chickens, plus freshly baked cakes, baguettes and pastries at value-for-money prices.
The Kings Food Court and Café Allium serve a wide choice of hot and cold food and drinks. The Allium is a fine dining venue in an idyllic setting, and there's a Champagne & Seafood Restaurant.
Too many to mention...
- The spectacular show gardens
- Head to the new Feast Zone
- View the floral marquee
- See the time-travelling scarecrow
- Check out the summer gardens
- Visit the RHS anniversary maze, community street and learn about its Greening Grey Britain project
- Get tips from celebrities
- Discover Alice in Wonderland 'sow and grow' garden
- Enjoy an evening of flowers and fireworks at the preview evening
- Relax at the Festival of Roses
- Stop by the Plant Village
- Soak up the atmosphere by Long Water
Other essential info
- No pets are allowed in the showroom but assistance dogs are welcome
- Cash machines are available at show
- There are left luggage facilities
- There's a picnic seating area
- Live music will be playing on bandstands throughout the day
A limited number of electric scooters and wheelchairs are available for use and can be booked by calling 0844 581 0700
Attendants cannot be provided but one companion is admitted free of charge per visitor whose disability necessitates assistance. People should mention this at the time of booking. Proof of eligibility is required and all tickets are subject to availability. Disabled tickets can be booked by calling 0844 581 0700 or e-mail email@example.com.
Originally published on GetSurrey.