MIDDLESEX COUNTY FA INTERMEDIATE CUP Broadfields United 2 British Airways 1

BROADFIELDS United moved into the third round of the Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup after beating British Airways 2-1.

They took the lead against the run of play through Ben Campbell before goalkeeper Nicholson kept his side ahead at the break with three fine saves.

United doubled their advantage when Dean Foster was allowed the fire home from Campbell's neat back-heeled pass.

BA reduced the deficit from the penalty spot late on, but United held on.


DOM Parillon hit a hat-trick on Saturday as Rayners Lane's 9-0 routing of bottom side Prestwood, who started the match with just 10 men.

Ryan Upton opened the scoring with a header after Dean Ryan's shot came back off the woodwork, before Parillon and Paul Leslie bagged a brace each.

Ryan set up a goal for each, while Parillon's other was a delicious 30-yard chip, and Leslie's other came from a free-kick.

After the break Ryan got a deserved goal after claiming the rebound from his own shot, and Parillon completed his hat-trick, although his shot took a slight deflection.

Gavin Smith finally broke his scoring duck with a header from Simeon Mitchell's corner, before Michael Besisira finished off a fine move involving Upton and Anthony Baker.

Wesley Baynha was man-of-the-match.


HENDON boss Gary McCann insists the decision to call off last Saturday's match with Tooting & Mitcham United was correct.

High winds and driving rain prompted the referee to call off the game at lunchtime after deeming it impossible for any action to be played.

"I don't think it would have been the best of spectacles with the way the weather was", said McCann. "The wind and rain would have ruined it."

Hendon, who were due to travel to face Tonbridge Angels on Tuesday night, last week exited the Championship Manager Cup at the hands of Wingate & Finchley 4-3 on penalties after the Greens had thrown away a 3-1 extra time lead with just five minutes of the 120 remaining.

Billy Dunn, Peter Dean and Lewis Ochoa scored for the Greens, but their opponents stormed back and denied Hendon a fifth consecutive penalty shoot-out.

"I was pleased for Billy Dunn to score on his home debut," McCann added. "It was great to have two players coming back from long injury lay-offs.

"Casey Maclaren made his first start for 11 months following his back problems. Leo O'Leary also had a 10-minute run-out at the end after he suffered a terrible broken leg in the spring."

Hendon are at Waltham Abbey in the Ryman Premier this Saturday and on Tuesday will host Carshalton Athletic, providing their FA Trophy tie with Weston-Super-Mare does not end in a draw.