MARK Harper insists he will not step down as Hampton & Richmond Borough boss, despite Saturday's embarrassing FA Cup exit at Arlesey Town.
The Beavers were dumped out of the competition 6-2 at a team who play a level below them, in the Southern Premier League.
This after Hampton claimed only their first league victory of the season seven days before, following an eight-game win-less start to the season.
Harper said: “I said to the board at the start of the season give me 10 games. I've had them now, and at the moment I've proved nothing.
“I can totally understand the frustration of them and the supporters, and I have a lot of changes to make, or it will be me out of a job. But I don't walk away from anything.
“We had 18 shots on goal but we were not clinical enough. They were, and had a lot more will than us too.
“It was pure naivety. There was not enough passion and desire. Out of 11 players, only four showed the desire I wanted. A lot of them disgraced themselves.
“I will take he criticism for the side I picked. I could have kept the same side that won last week, but the players I did pick should still have given 100 per cent.”