Mohamed Salah has enraged Fiorentina by rejecting another season with the Viola in favour of a move to one of their Serie A rivals.
Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle demanded a decision from the Egyptian over his future by 7pm yesterday evening to put an end to the long-running transfer saga.
Salah’s representatives have now told the Florence club the Chelsea winger has no intention of taking up their offer of an improved pay-packet to sign permanently.
That has caused uproar among Fiorentina officials who are claiming they had paid a fee to the Blues to guarantee they had the option to extend Salah’s stay by a further 12 months on loan.
He is now thought to be considering offers from Inter and Roma, who have also been linked with fellow Chelsea wide-man Juan Cuadrado, and expects to sign for another Italian club this summer.
Should Chelsea keep Mohamed Salah?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday: "We have decided, he's not staying at Fiorentina. Salah is going to move to another Italian club.”
Fiorentina are now reportedly set to take their case to the Court of Arbitration in Sport in Lausanne as they feel the Chelsea player has broken a contractual obligation.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are readying an £8million bid Stoke City for Stoke City keeper Asmir Begovic to fill the void left by Petr Cech.
However, the Potters are insisting on taking a Blues player on loan as part of any deal. Victor Moses, Patrick Bamford, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Nathan Ake have all been mooted as makeweights.
Potential Petr Cech replacements in pictures: