AARON Hughes insists Fulham’s quest for glory is still on despite Wednesday night’s FA Cup exit.
Bobby Zamora had fans dreaming of a first trip to Wembley since 1975 when he gave them the lead in the quarter-final replay, only for Spurs to spoil the party at White Hart Lane with three unanswered goals after the break.
It is the second successive season that the Whites have bowed out at the last-eight stage, and with a Europa League quarter-final with Wolfsburg next Thursday, Hughes is desperate to make it third time lucky.
He said: "It’s unfortunate, and the same thing happened last year.
"We got to the quarter-finals and just missed out, and it’s happened again.
"It’s important we get over the disappointment. When you get to this stage and you have the incentive of getting to Wembley, it’s hard to forget.
"But we’ve got to put it to the back of our minds."
Fulham sealed their spot in the last eight with a thrilling 4-1 victory against Juventus last week.
And having previously dispatched Basle and UEFA Cup holders Shakthar Donetsk , Hughes reckons they can go all the way.
"We’ve got nothing to lose," he said. "There’s still a lot of quality teams left - no one expected us to get this far, but we know we can beat anyone on our day.
"The main thing is not to concede in the first leg at home. If we can come away with a clean sheet we’ll be reasonably happy, then we can see what we need over there."