Spar has warned two of its pulled pork products may contain salmonella and should be returned immediately.
The Spar BBQ Pulled Pork and Woodland BBQ Pulled Pork have been found to have traces of the food poisoning bacteria, which causes fever, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps.
Anyone who has purchased the 110g packs with best before dates of January 25 2018 should not eat them, but return them to the shop for a refund, the Mirror reports.
A spokesman for James Hall & Co, Spar's wholesaler and distributor in the north of England, said: "Routine testing has identified the possible presence of salmonella in a small number of packs of the above products."
He added: "As a precautionary measure, we are asking all customers who have bought this product not to use it, and to return it to their nearest Spar store, which they will be given a full refund.
"No other products or date codes are affected by this issue, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused."
A statement from the Food Standards Agency said: "James Hall is recalling Spar BBQ Pulled Pork and Woodland BBQ Pulled Pork because the products may contain salmonella.
"Both products have been sold at Spar stores. No other James Hall products are known to be affected."
Keep up to date with the latest news from around the county via the free Get Surrey app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.