On Tuesday (December 5) the shopping centre announced Primark will be one of the new businesses moving into the £600 million development, along with a host of other retailers.
Several businesses already based at Westfield London will relocate to the extended area, which will make the shopping centre the largest in Europe when it opens in March.
While it had already been announced that a flagship John Lewis would be moving in, the shopping centre has also announced the likes of Currys PC World, Space NK and Urban Decay will also be moving in along with Primark, which will occupy two floors over a huge 70,000 sq ft.
A number of other businesses already based at the Ariel Way mall will take advantage of the huge revamp and will move into the expansion, it was revealed by Westfield.
These include H&M, Boots, Lush, adidas, Monsoon, Guess and Cath Kidston.
Westfield expansion facts and figures
- The construction of the £600m retail expansion of Westfield London began in 2015
- It is due to open in March 2018
- It is expected to create up to 8,000 new jobs
- On completion, Westfield London will comprise around 450 shops
- There are currently 360 stores in the shopping centre
- New retailers will include the 230,000 sq ft John Lewis department store plus additional flagship stores and restaurants
- The expansion will create 740,000 sq ft of additional retail, dining, entertainment and leisure, bringing the total to 2.6m sq ft. plus additional office floor space (45,000 sq ft)
- Once open, Westfield London will be the largest shopping centre in Europe
- 1,000 additional parking spaces, bringing the total to 5,500
- The development will include 1,522 new homes, including affordable homes
So, with the end of the mammoth development now in sight, getwestlondon looks at some of the key facts and figures behind the enormous Westfield expansion.
Just how big is the Primark store?
371,350 sq ft
77,000 sq ft
70,000 sq ft
55,000 sq ft
48,160 sq ft
590 sq ft
Stay tuned to getwestlondon for more stories in the Westfield expansion over the coming days, weeks and months.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area