A trendy nightclub in South Kensington used by royalty and A-listers has had its licence suspended months after being given a second chance at the end of last year.
It will remain closed until a further decision can be made at a full licensing committee meeting, which will take place within 28 days of the suspension.
In November, the Thurloe Street nightclub, whose clientèle have included Princes Harry and William, Lewis Hamilton, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Will Smith and Pixie Lott, successfully argued against a request by police to have its opening hours reduced following a mass brawl outside its doors in October .
But it has found itself in hot water again after a customer was viciously beaten inside the club, which resulted in staff then failing to follow procedure.
Police documents submitted to the committee ahead of the emergency meeting revealed a man was badly beaten inside the celebrity hangout at around 2am on March 6.
Suspected fractured cheekbone
CCTV footage showed him repeatedly punched and kicked. The 26-year-old needed hospital treatment for five lacerations to the face which required stitches and a suspected fractured cheekbone.
The suspect was thrown out but allowed to leave despite security staff being present.
The licensing committee had said in its meeting on November 24 that the club could continue operating without curtailment of its opening hours but added additional conditions to its licence.
The suspect was arrested at his home address around an hour after the incident, but the club was cleaned prior to police arrival, despite the fact staff should have undergone crime scene management training.
A spokesman for the council confirmed the suspension and said the full hearing would take place within 28 days.
The suspect, also 26, was arrested on suspicion of ABH. He was bailed to return to a central London police station pending further enquiries to a date in mid-April.