New figures have revealed nearly one-in-10 residential properties in Kensington and Chelsea are second homes.
Recent findings showed 9.8% of homes in the royal borough were not the main residence of the owners - one of the highest percentages in the country.
They also revealed one road in South Kensington where more than 70% of the properties are classed as second homes.
Over one-in-three properties is a second home in nearby Sloane Avenue, while the figure is over one-in-five in Stanhope Gardens.
Altogether there were 8,330 properties known to be second homes in the borough for council tax purposes, with 1,578 in the top 10 ‘second home’ streets - accounting for 18.9% of the borough’s stock of second homes.
In neighbouring Hammersmith & Fulham nearly one in four homes along Glenthorne Road, near Ravenscourt Park, are second homes, and there are 44 second homes on Du Cane Road - the highest number in that borough.
In Hounslow, there are 22 second homes in Chiswick High Road, the most in the borough.
Top 10 second home streets in Kensington & Chelsea:
- Ashburn Place - 92 second home properties / 131 total properties / 70.2% second homes
- Sloane Avenue - 569 second home properties / 1,519 total properties / 37.5% second homes
- Stanhope Gardens - 96 second home properties / 453 total properties / 21.2% second homes
- Sloane Street - 108 second home properties / 596 total properties / 18.1% second homes
- Kensington High Street - 123 second home properties / 824 total properties / 14.9% second homes
- Cromwell Road - 195 second home properties / 1,574 total properties / 12.4% second homes
- Queen’s Gate - 92 second home properties / 838 total properties / 11% second homes
- Fulham Road - 100 second home properties / 994 total properties / 10.1% second homes
- King’s Road - 105 second home properties / 1,088 total properties / 9.7% second homes
- Old Brompton Road - 98 second home properties / 1,109 total properties / 8.8% second homes