Residents were saved by their smoke alarms after a fire tore through a house in Southall on Thursday (August 4).
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters were called to a fire at a semi detached property in Scotts Road at 10.10pm before the blaze was under control by 12.33am.
The occupants, four adults and two children, left the property before London Fire Brigade (LFB) had arrived after being alerted by the sounds of their fire alarms.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Half of the ground floor and the whole of the first floor of the property was damaged by the fire.
A LFB spokesperson said: "Yet again smoke alarms help saving lives.
"Our advice is to have a working smoke alarm on every level of your home and the safest option is have the alarms linked together.
"This will give the earliest warning if there is a fire in your home."
LFB believe the fire was caused by a fault in a consumer unit.
Fire crews from Southall, Hayes and Ealing fire stations attended the scene.