Sick and injured pets were brought to safety by firefighters after a blaze broke out at an animal hospital.
Firefighters rescued 12 cats and six dogs at the RSPCA Putney Animal Hospital after a tumble dyer caught fire.
Thankfully none of the animals or staff members were injured after the incident.
Caroline Allen, London Veterinary Director for the RSPCA, said: "We are so grateful for the swift response of the London Fire Brigade in responding to our call after a small fire started in a tumble drier in our laundry room.
"Thanks to the quick action of our staff and the action of the LFB, the fire was contained and all the staff and animals were kept safe.
"The fire crew were so kind and helped us ensure the animals were safe and once the fire was out assisted in moving some who could have been affected by smoke.
"Most of the patients in with us are animals who have been rescued by our Inspectorate and are undergoing treatment for a variety of injuries and illnesses, so they really were down on their luck before they were brought into us.
Caroline added: "We are so glad they are safe and once their treatment is complete they will go on to be rehomed.
"We are happy to report that the hospital is operating as normal today."
London Fire Brigade say the fire started inside a tumble dryer in a laundry room, caused by towels with oils on them self heating.
A small part of the laundry room was damaged by fire and the remainder of the hospital was unaffected by the blaze.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued 12 cats and 6 dogs from the animal hospital and they were all checked over by an on-site vet.
Around 10 members of staff left the property before the arrival of the Brigade.
Putney Animal Hospital are asking for donations of clean, dry towels after the incident.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.