Two prison inmates arrested by detectives investigating the murder of Redwan El-Ghaidouni in Uxbridge have been bailed.
The men, aged 39 and 35, had been arrested at separate prisons on September 13 last year by officers looking into the 2015 shooting of Mr El-Ghaidouni.
The 38-year-old was gunned down as he sat in the driver’s seat of his car on the driveway of the home he shared with his partner and three children in Vine Lane just before 7pm on Tuesday February 3.
The two prisoners, who were behind bars at the time of the murder, have been bailed to a date in mid-December pending further inquiries, the police said.
Mr El-Ghaidouni was shot several times through the car window by a man who approached his vehicle.
The suspect ran off through an alleyway leading to Saunders Road, turned the corner where he was caught on a CCTV camera before running in the direction of Dowding Road.
He was wearing a distinctive dark hooded top with a large logo on the front as well as dark bottoms, dark gloves and dark shoes or trainers.
The same person was also captured on CCTV, again wearing the top with the large motif, in Sanders Road on numerous occasions January 31 and February 2 in what police believe were failed attempts to shoot Mr El-Ghaidouni.
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who can identify a man seen an hour before the murder , at about 6pm, standing opposite the scene of the crime, on the verge by a telegraph pole at the junction of St Andrews Road and Vine Lane. An e-fit image (below) has been released.
The victim had a criminal background and had been linked to importing drugs, police say, and a £50,000 reward remains on offer for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person or people responsible for the murder.
His partner has previously appealed for people with information to come forward (see video above), and Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Extensive enquiries have been carried out and we have made good inroads into understanding the circumstances surrounding Redwan’s murder.
Suspect in the area before the murder
“Our investigation continues and we are still very much encouraging people to come forward.
"I would like to thank all those who have assisted us so far and I hope the large reward on offer will prompt anyone who has yet to do so to approach us in confidence.
“As we’ve previously said, Redwan did have a criminal past and had been linked to drug importation.
"He had been released from prison almost seven months before his death but he had been working full-time at a car dealership and enjoying being a family man again.
“We continue to look into his background for answers about what happened but whatever the circumstances, his murder has left three young sons without a father and his long-term partner devastated.”
Four other people previously arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder have also been bailed pending further enquiries.
- A 41-year-old man, bailed to a date in early November.
- A 30-year-old man, bailed to a date in late September.
- A 35-year-old woman, bailed to a date in late October.
- A 36-year-old man, bailed to a date in late September.
In August 2015, Marwais Kakar of Great Field Drive was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, for providing false information to detectives investigating the murder.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. They can also visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.