A Northolt restaurant has been forced to close following a fire - just a little over a week after it opened.
Firefighters from London Fire Brigade (LFB) rushed to Tyme on Waterfront in Higham Mews after being called at 8.47pm last night (Wednesday, December 7).
No diners were in the restaurant at the time of the incident but four restaurant staff and around 50 people from flats upstairs evacuated on the arrival of LFB.
The fire, which LFB said started in the kitchen, was out when firefighters arrived but was still smoking.
One man was treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) for smoke inhalation. The situation was under control by 10.56pm.
LFB said a small part of the kitchen was damaged by the blaze, caused when oil in a pan caught alight and spread into the kitchen's ventilation system.
Restaurant owner Lynn Campbell said the restaurant had only been open since November 26, and could not put a timescale on its reopening.
The Yeading resident added that a light had fallen onto the pan, sparking the blaze: "There wasn't anyone in the kitchen. We heard a bang and there was water coming down the ceiling from upstairs.
"Then one of the lights, it affected it and it fell. I think it must be an electrical fire.
"We were at the front [at the time of the fire], we had staff here and we were having a meeting.
"When we heard the banging we evacuated and we called the fire brigade - there was some smoke.
"We used the fire blanket [on the fallen light]. We think it was the light falling on to one of the pans.
"We are just creating something here for the community and we feel we have let the community down.
"It is very disappointing, we have just opened. But everyone has been really good. This is a fabulous place and the people are wonderful".
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to the scene.
Fire crews from Northolt, Ealing, Southall and Wembley fire stations were at the scene.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.