A Muslim worshipper died after allegedly drinking a toxic chemical during Ramadan prayers at a mosque.
Abdul Cadir Ussene, 67, collapsed in front of horrified worshippers just as breakfast prayers at Wembley Central Mosque began.
He was rushed to hospital but medics were unable to save him and he died nine hours later.
Northwick Park Hospital, in north-west London, was forced to close temporarily as a precaution after Mr Ussene was exposed to a chemical.
The married father-of-two moved to London from India 20 years ago and had been a worshipper at the mosque ever since.
Mr Ussene's daughter Samira, 42, said the family could not think of any reason why he would want to harm himself.