Dropping litter has led to more than a dozen people Hounslow being ordered to cough up more than £4,000 between them.
Fourteen people caught dropping rubbish in the borough's streets each landed themselves with a £270 bill after failing to pay fines for littering.
The initial £80 charge - which is reduced to £50 if paid within 10 days - was increased to £150 for each of them.
The offenders, who failed to appear before magistrates, were also ordered in their absence to pay £100 in court costs and a £20 victim surcharge, said Hounslow Council , which prosecuted them.
Another four people who were prosecuted by the council did appear in court, where they admitted littering and between them racked up a bill of £440.
'If you wouldn't do it in your home, don't do it on our streets'
The council's deputy leader Amrit Mann said: "We will never apologise for being tough on those who think it's OK to litter, dump rubbish or undertake other anti-social behaviour.
"The message is clear, if you wouldn't do it in your home, don’t do it on our streets.
"If you receive a fine, do the right thing. Pay up as soon as possible and learn from your mistakes.
"If you don't, we won't hesitate to take further action, as we have done in these cases."
The council recently issued a £400 fine to a flytipper caught dumping rubbish in Feltham , which was the first time someone in the borough had been slapped with the higher fine for the offence.
More than 20 people were summoned to Feltham Magistrates' Court on Monday, August 1, for failing to pay their littering fines.
Seven prosecutions were withdrawn after the fines were cleared before the court date, one case was adjourned and four people attended court where they pleaded guilty.
The following people were each ordered to pay a total of £270 in their absence:
- Liviu Loan, 22, of Richmond Road, Staines
- Desislava Marinova, 24, of Hanworth Road, Hounslow
- Marcin Kucala, 25, of Armytage Road, Hounslow
- Maria Boys, 39, of Claypole Drive, Hounslow
- Jamie Stevens, 40, of Clayton Crescent, Brentford
- Konrad Wrona, 55, of Leyton Road, Hounslow
- Naegoe Naum, 22, of Elmer Gardens, Isleworth
- Arezoo Yamkangaz, 42, of Holly Road, Hounslow
- Zbigniew Belzowski, 45, of Bulstrode Road, Hounslow
- Nigel Pottle, 51, of Worple Road, Isleworth
- Karyn Kharira, 20, of Padbury Close, Bedfont
- Mustafa Tahchiev, 26, of Central Avenue, Hounslow
- Hayley Colgate, 24, of Furzeham Road, West Drayton
- Kerrie Louise Clark, 31, of Estridge Close, Hounslow
The following people appeared in court, where they admitted littering:
- Cian Conyard, 19, of London Road, Isleworth, was fined £85 and told to pay costs of £100 and a £20 victim surcharge of £20
- Darren Cook, 31, of Montague Road, Hounslow, was fined £85 and told to pay costs of £100 and a £20 victim surcharge
- Caroline Carroll, 41, of Percy Gardens, Isleworth, was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £15
- Rishi Nayyar, 31, of Brabazon Road, Hounslow, was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £15