A 20-year-old man from Wembley has been found guilty of attempted murder following a "brutal" stabbing.
Mergim Krasniqi was also convicted of perverting the course of justice at Harrow Crown Court on Friday (February 13). He will be sentenced on March 13.
Police were called at 1.41am on September 24, 2013, to reports of a fight in Empire Way, Wembley.
The victim, 45-year-old Alfred Foster, had been chased by two suspects and "brutally" stabbed a number of times, police said.
Officers attended the scene and carried out first aid until paramedics arrived.
The victim was taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition and had to undergo surgery.
Krasniqi, of Victoria Avenue, had denied attempted murder, but was identified by witnesses, who provided evidence linking him to an address in Ada Lewis House.
He evaded police for 10 days before his arrest on October 3, 2013.
During a long investigation, evidence was uncovered causing police to suspect Krasniqi of disposing the weapon used in the assault.
Detective Sergeant Edward Salter, of the Metropolitan Police, said: “I am pleased that this dangerous young man has been found guilty. I pay tribute to a number of local residents who came forward to testify and also to the victim and his family for their bravery."
A second man – Mumin Malik, 24, of Crawford Street, Brent – appeared alongside Krasniqi. He was found not guilty of attempted murder and wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
A third man – Leutrim Krasniqi, 20, of Victoria Avenue, Wembley – appeared at Harrow Crown Court in connection with the case in January. He was discharged due to insufficient evidence at the time.