The Metropolitan Police has announced that further searches have been made following the London Bridge terror attack, resulting in "a number of people" being detained.
Officers from the force's Counter Terrorism Command raided two further addresses, one in Newham and another in Barking at 4.15am on Monday (June 5).
A statement said: "A number of people have been detained and are at present being spoken to.
"Searches are ongoing at both addresses."
According to The Mirror, Neighbours reported hearing "loud flash bangs and gunshots" in the early hours of Monday.
The morning raid gathered a crowd of onlookers as part of Barking Road was cordoned off by the police.
Speaking about the east London raids, Twitter user, BatemanLDN said: "It woke me up along with the whole street.
"Extremely loud bangs followed by gunshot bangs.
"All okay - very shaken residents nearby though. All quietened down now."
Simon Tucker Tweeted: "Heard this in the Dagenham area at around 4:15 am. Started with loud explosion sound.
"Followed by about 20 shots, Some sounded distant."
Another resident wrote that she was woken up by "an explosion" which was "followed by gun shot sounds".
Seven people were killed and 48 injured in the tragic terror attack at London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday evening (June 3).
On Sunday night (June 2) 26 people remained in hospital, 21 of whom are reported to be in critical condition.
The name of the first victim has been released - a Canadian woman, Christine Archibald.
Traumatic witness accounts describe how pedestrians were mowed down by a van crossing London Bridge, before its three occupants jumped out and started stabbing passersby, including a police office,r with 12 inch knives.
Within eight minutes, officers had shot the attackers - a response which has been described as heroic.
On Sunday (June 2) 12 people were arrested in Kings Road, Barking, seven of whom were women, following a raid on a property belonging to one of the attackers.
There have been reports that Isis has claimed responsibility for the attack, but this has not been verified.
The Met Police Casualty Bureau remains open for members of the public concerned about friends or relatives who may have been affected by the terror attack.
People who have rung previously about a missing person are urged to ring the number again.
So far, the specially trained staff have answered more than 3,000 calls from concerned members of the public.
The number to call is 0800 0961 233.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.