Inspectors attending an emergency call out to a 'house of horrors' were inches away from a ceiling collapsing on them after a landlord fixed to fix a leak.
Tenants living in the South Harrow property suffered a three-month ordeal when their landlord refused to fix a broken cistern - causing the entire bathroom to flood.
The occupants endured fungal growth, soaked electrics and damp so bad it "rained indoors" in the kitchen.
"Stunned" housing inspectors arrived to the emergency call out to the ceiling collapsing before their eyes - missing the inspecting plumber by inches.
Cllr Graham Henson, cabinet member for environment said: "You couldn’t make this up – if you saw this house of horrors in the movies, you wouldn’t believe it.
"This landlord is a real disgrace. To think left her tenants in such danger, in an argument about money.
"Well, now she has no tenants at all – and we’ll make sure she fixes the house – no matter how much it costs."
Harrow Council has now ordered the landlord to fix her horror house immediately, after officers found the string of major safety hazards.
When housing officers found electrics and appliances surrounded by water and kitchen cabinets soaked, they had seen enough.
The tenants were immediately moved to emergency accommodation – ending their three-month ordeal.
The landlord had refused to repair the bathroom leak because the tenant fell into rent arrears - but now has to fit a new bathroom and kitchen, as well as fix the electrics and ensure the damp is gone.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.