The firm behind a street food restaurant in Hounslow has been landed with an £11,000 bill for exposing staff to a potential safety hazard.
AN Business Ltd, which ran Shanty Town, at the Blenheim Centre, beside Asda, was convicted of breaching health and safety regulations.
Safety inspectors from Hounslow Council had found staff using a ladder to access items stored precariously on a mezzanine floor above pots and pans in the kitchen.
They issued a prohibition notice to stop anyone using the area, but when they returned they found it had been accessed and items had been removed in contravention of the ban.
The company admitted three counts of contravening a health and safety regulation.
The restaurant in Prince Regent Road, close to Hounslow High Street, opened in early 2015 and has since closed.
It had advertised itself as a street food restaurant, serving more than 50 international dishes ranging from Mexican to Japanese cuisine.
Councillor Sue Sampson, Hounslow Council's cabinet member for community protection, said: "Our officers will always take the strongest appropriate action if there are breaches of any health and safety regulations.
"The safety of people working at these establishments is absolutely paramount, it is as important as the quality and service to customers and in our eyes, must never be undermined."
"If we find that is the case, be assured that those responsible for these failures will face the severe consequences."