A total of 73,000 bin hangers have been distributed across the borough to ensure residents are familiar with the new collection dates and to remind them of what can and can't be recycled.
Residents are being warned the usual collection dates on Christmas Day and Boxing Day have been altered, with collections for these dates due to be made before and after Christmas instead.
Hounslow Council is offering a free real Christmas tree collection service to those living in properties using the wheelie bin service.
Those living in flats can call the council to arrange a collection from their bin storage area.
Revised collection dates for the Christmas period start on Saturday 23 and will return to normal on January 8, with no garden waste collection during this time.
There will be no bin collection on Christmas Day (Monday 25 December), Boxing Day (Tuesday 26 December), New Year’s Eve (Sunday 31 December) or New Year’s Day (Monday 1 January).
The revised dates are as follows:
- The revised collection day for Monday, December 25 is Saturday (December 23).
- Tuesday, December 26 is Wednesday, December 27.
- Wednesday, December 27 is Thursday, December 28.
- Thursday, December 28 is Friday, December 29.
- Friday, December 29 is Saturday, December 30.
- Monday, January 1 is Tuesday, January 2.
- Tuesday, January 2 is Wednesday, January 3.
- Wednesday, January 3 is Thursday, January 4.
- Thursday, January 4 is Friday, January 5.
- Friday, January 5 is Saturday, January 6.
If a collection is missed during this time, residents are advised to fill out the online reporting for m.
Hounslow Council is reminding residents to remove sticky tape, ribbons and bows from wrapping paper before recycling.
Cards or wrapping paper which contain glitter, foil or laminate, can not be recycled and should be placed into wheelie bins.
Excess waste from the Christmas period which is left with the wheelie bins will not be collected, and residents are bing advised to either keep extra waste until the next collection, or take it to Space Ways recycling centre which is now open from 8am until 4pm seven days a week, excluding the four holiday dates listed above.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area