Four fire engines and a fire rescue unit were sent to tackle a blaze at a workshop in Hanwell in the early hours of Monday morning (November 27).

Crews from Ealing , Southall , Heston and Acton fire stations attended the fire at a two-storey portable accommodation unit on Trumpers Way.

The first floor of the unit was "completely destroyed" by the fire, according to London Fire Brigade , with a small part of an adjoining garage also damaged.

Crews were called at 1.25am and the fire was under control by 4.26am.

Watch manager Peter Campbell, who was at the scene, said: "Initially crews had difficulty getting access to the site but once they gained entry to the property they worked quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.

"A propane cylinder was found on the site, it wasn’t involved in the incident but was removed as a precaution as they can explode when exposed to heat.

"Thankfully no injuries are reported."

Crews said the cause of fire is accidental, due to water leaking into electrical equipment.

Four fire engines were sent to the scene

Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.

You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area

Available to download from the App Store or Google Play for Android now.