Hammersmith Bridge will again close to traffic over the half term holidays.
The series of closures and part-closures will start on the morning of Saturday February 10 and end on Sunday February 18 evening.
Hammersmith and Fulham Council say the closure of the 130-year-old bridge, which is Grade II listed will allow contractors to assess the its condition in preparation for a major refurbishment scheduled for later this year.
It has sent a letter to businesses and residents in the area giving them advanced notice of any inconvenience it will cause.
The proposed dates and times for the bridge closures are as follows:
Daytime bridge closures
- Saturday February 10, 8am to 6pm
- Sunday February 11, 8am to 6pm
- Monday February 12, 8am to 6pm
Daytime lane closures (northbound only)
- Tuesday February 13, 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday February 14, 8am to 6pm
- Thursday February 15, 8am to 6pm
- Friday February 16 8am to 6pm
Full weekend bridge closure
- From 8am Saturday February 17 to 6pm on Sunday February 18
The bridge will re-open on Sunday February 18 at 6pm.
The bridge has closed to traffic over half term holidays for a number of years ahead of the major repair work due to be carried out.
However, this was dismissed by the council and Transport for London.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area