A father of six and grandfather of two has been formally identified as the victim of the Finsbury Park Mosque terrorist attack, in which a van was driven into an area with worshippers attending Ramadan evening prayers.
Metropolitan Police has named the victim as 51-year-old Makram Ali from Haringey, who was married with four daughters, two sons and two grandchildren.
Mr Ali's family paid tribute to a "quiet gentle man".
They said:"We are devastated by the loss of a husband, father, brother and grandfather, Makram Ali, in this tragic event.
"Our father was a quiet gentle man, he didn’t get involved in political or social discussion, he instead took comfort and enjoyment spending time with his wife, children and grandchildren and he was always ready to make a funny joke when you least expected."
"We wish everyone to know what a loving man he was, he spent his whole life without any enemies, choosing a quiet life instead.
"We as a family have always believed that the actions of one person cannot be a reflection of a whole people and I have no doubt that our father would not wish for there to be any retaliation or recriminations and would urge people to remain calm and to pray for peace in these difficult times."
The family, who were due to fly out on a holiday to Canada, are being supported by specially-trained family liaison officers.
A special post-mortem examination, which was carried out on Monday (June 19), at the Whittington Hospital, resulted in preliminary findings that Mr Ali died of multiple injuries.
Mr Ali has lived in the UK since arriving from Bangladesh at the age of 10.
Eight people were taken to hospital following the attack, of those, four remain in hospital, two of which are receiving critical care.
Police were called to Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park at 00.54 on Monday (June 19), to reports of a van colliding with pedestrians.
Mr Ali, who received first aid, was pronounced dead at the scene at just past 1am.
"If you think you may have spoken to the driver please get in touch”
Detectives from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command continue to appeal for information and police have released an image of the van used in the attack, which has the number plate: PO54 CSF.
Anyone with information, or who spoke to the driver before the attack, is encouraged to call police in confidence on 0800 789 321.
Police believe the van was driven from the Cardiff area at around 8.20pm on Sunday (June 18).
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said: "Following the attack, specialist counter terrorism officers have spoken to 28 witnesses who were at the scene.
"We are very grateful to everyone who has provided information so far – their accounts are assisting the investigation hugely - but we need more people to come forward and tell us what they saw and what they know about the driver of this van.
"If you think you may have spoken to the driver please get in touch.”
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.