Police have released CCTV of a man they want to speak to in connection with an "unprovoked and cowardly attack" at the FA Cup semi-final.
The victim - a 23-year-old Tottenham fan - is believed to have been assaulted when other Tottenham supporters mistook him for a Chelsea fan.
Michael Voller, who is a former Tottenham Hotspur Football Club groundsman, was admitted to hospital with serious facial injuries and continues to undergo a schedule of surgery and treatment in relation to a broken eye socket, cheek bone, jaw and fractured skull.
The victim went to the semi-final match on Saturday April 22 with a group of friends and was walking past Moore Spice Indian restaurant in Engineers Way, near Wembley Stadium, at around 7.30pm, when he was targeted by another group of Tottenham fans.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We believe that Michael was mistaken for a rival Chelsea supporter and was punched in the face causing extensive injuries.
"Officers have previously released images of Michael’s injuries and have today, with the assistance of a witness, released the image of a man they wish to identify in the hope that either the public, or Tottenham fans, will be able to name him."
Police say the suspect is a white man in his early 20s, approximately 5ft 10ins tall, who was wearing a black hooded top or jacket at the time of the attack.
Detective Constable James Robb of Brent CID, the investigating officer, said: "This unprovoked and cowardly attack has resulted in injuries that could affect the rest of a young man’s life.
"There is no place for this kind of violence in football or anywhere else.
"We will not stop with our investigation until the culprit(s) are brought to justice.
"Someone knows who committed this unprovoked attack and I sincerely hope they do the right thing and help us place this violent individual before the courts."
DC Robb added: "All information that we receive is treated in the strictest confidence, but you can also remain completely anonymous by calling Crimestoppers."
Police arrested a 21-year-old man, on Tuesday May 9, on suspicion of assault was released with no further action.
Anyone who has information that could assist police in identifying the suspect should call Brent CID on 0208 733 3737 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.