A historic park in Brentford would be restored to its Victorian glory under ambitious new plans.
The Friends of St Paul's Recreation Ground was set up to preserve and enhance the green space at the heart of the neighbourhood, and to bring the surrounding community together.
The park, in Albany Road, Brentford, near St Paul's Church, was established in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's golden jubilee that year.
The friends group, which already has more than 80 members, hopes to renovate its original features like the railings, water fountain and obelisk.
Chairman Martin Case said: "The park sits within the conservation area of St Paul's and is a treasured piece of Victoriana in west London, particularly so in Brentford which is undergoing huge change.
"So it's hugely important that the community gets behind us to raise funds and receive contributions where appropriate to finance the work."
He added that with the glut of new homes planned across Brentford it was particularly important to protect green spaces like this one for existing and future residents.
The group staged its first event in the park on Sunday (September 18), a fun dog show entitled Hot Dogs! Cool Dogs!
As well as the dog show, which featured a fancy dress category, there was a short play called A Dogs's Life by local drama group St Faith's Players.
The Brentford Belles kept up the canine theme by belting out a selection of songs dedicated to man's best friend, and hot dogs were provided by The Griffin pub landlord Gerhard Peleschka.
For more information on the friends group, and to get involved, visit the Friends of St Paul's Recreation Ground Facebook page.