However, pictures have been shared to highlight the importance of ensuring that when we do head outside, we must use sun cream and cover up where possible.
On the hottest day of the year so far, a 23-year-old from Wales seemed to ignore all advice - and the pictures of the resulting damage to his skin prove why sun cream is so essential.
WalesOnline reported Declan Roberts raced home early from work on Friday, May 26 to enjoy the glorious weather as temperatures soared high above 20°C.
He spent all afternoon in the garden enjoying his girlfriend's hot tub, soaking in the sun.
It was not until later that night that Declan realised the awful effect the sun had been having on his body.
The 23-year-old from Aberdare, south Wales, suffered horrific sunburn, with painful yellow blisters breaking out over his shoulders, leaving him "unable to move".
His girlfriend, Kirsty Rees, from the Rhondda, told WalesOnline : "Declan had an early finish from work so we'd thought we'd make the most of the sun and chill out in my garden all day."
"He spent most his time in my hot tub so he didn't feel as if he was burning in the sun as the water was cooling him down.
"And he didn't apply any sun cream to protect his skin.
"He's been in so much pain he hasn't been able to move, bless him.
"The seat belt has been irritating him when he's driving and he hasn't been able to put tops on without wincing in pain."
"A lot of the blisters have popped now. But when we were shopping yesterday all the blister juice stained his top so he had to wear his hoody all day to cover the stains.
"He's been applying cream daily so I think that's helped.
"He's learnt his lesson now, but it's the worst I've ever seen. I was so shocked.
"Hopefully more people will apply sun cream when we have a boiling hot day like that again."
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.