I attended an exhibition held by the Army Benevolent Fund, The soldiers’ charity at Harrow School, on Thursday last week.
The exhibition was displaying photographs taken by Hugh Mortimer Petty, one of the youngest pilots to have flown in the First World War.
From his training days at Eastchurch in 1917 to his witnessing the surrender of the German fleet in November 1918, his photographs provide a unique record of the conflict.
This amazing exhibition will be on display in the Old Speech Room Gallery at Harrow School until December 2014 and I would certainly recommend a visit.
On Friday I attended a passing out parade at Hendon Police College, this sees five new police constables coming to work at Harrow borough, I am very pleased to welcome these officers to the borough and wish them well in their career with us.
Catalytic Converters are still being stolen high-sided vehicles like VW Sharans. If you see anyone suspicious under a car, call 999. Here’s some advice on how to protect yourself from becoming a victim of vehicle crime:
Did you know that?
- Most vehicle crime is preventable. It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car. If at all possible, leave nothing on view
- Never leave valuable items in your car, including sunglasses, the removable radio cover and your Sat Nav. Do you really need all those things you keep in the glove box?
- Wipe away the Sat Nav mark on your windscreen
- Consider fitting anti-tamper screws to your number plate
- Never leave your car keys where they can be seen from the front door
Vehicle common sense
- Close the windows and sunroof; lock the doors and activate any security devices when leaving your car unattended
- Park with care, particularly at night or if you are leaving the vehicle for a long time. If possible, park in a busy, well-lit area
- Leave cash, credit cards, chequebook, mobile phones, vehicle documents or other valuables in the car
- Never leave your keys in the car, even for a second, treat them as you would your cash and credit cards
Good work by my officers
Officers stopped two men who were found to be in possession of cannabis.
Upon searching them, they were also found to be in possession of a bladed article, the men were arrested and have been served with restrictions not to enter certain parts of Harrow. This was a very good stop by my officers.