A VIGIL will be held for a three-year-old boy who was killed crossing the road in Northolt this week.
Mohamed Mohamed had been on his way to the park to play when he was hit by a flatbed recovery vehicle in Kingshill Avenue, Northolt, at 12.20pm on Monday (July 15).
The vigil in response to his, and three other London deaths in 11 days, will take place outside City Hall, the Queen’s Walk on Friday (July 19) at 6pm, where names of the victims will be read out followed by a minute's silence.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information into the tragedy to call them 020 8842 1817.
A post mortem examination took place on Tuesday at Uxbridge Mortuary and gave the cause of death as head injuries. An inquest was also opened and adjourned the same day.
Police said the lorry driver stopped at the scene, and no arrests were made. Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating.
A family friend and neighbour said that Mohamed was the youngest in a Muslim family of four children, with a four-year-old and two teenage sisters. She said his father was about to take him to the park when he ran quickly out of the door and was immediately hit by the lorry.
The Kingshill Avenue resident, added: "He wanted to go and play in the park. The driver tried to brake and all the neighbours came out. People said they heard the noise of the braking, saw the boy and saw the mother crying. I was inside afterwards with the sisters and they were all crying and could not stop, it was horrible."