A man has died and two other people have been treated for shock and smoke inhalation after a fire in Notting Hill.
The man thought to be in his 60s was rescued with two others from a burning flat on the Great Western Road at around 3pm on Friday with severe burns.
He was taken to St Mary's Hospital where he later died on Saturday afternoon.
Two other people thought to be residents of the property were treated for shock and smoke in inhalation.
London Ambulance initially sent a first responder in a car just after 3pm closely followed by two ambulances, a hazardous area response team and a duty officer.
Three patients were treated at the scene for shock, smoke inhalation and burns. One other person was taken to Hammersmith Hospital with smoke inhalation.
A fire brigade spokesman said: "Firefighters rescued a man from a fire in a flat on Great Western Road in Notting Hill, on Friday afternoon. The man was taken to hospital by ambulance. Sadly, he died in hospital on Saturday.
"Part of the ground floor flat was damaged by fire.
"Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters and officers were at the scene. Fire engines came from North Kensington, Kensington and Paddington fire stations.
"The cause of the fire is under investigation."