Teenager has spoken of his fear and relief after his relatives were forced to escape from their home when a faulty oven exploded.
Amer Aslam, 19, of Bishops Road, was in the lounge of his home while his mother, Anis, and aunt Asma Sadiq were cooking dinner in the kitchen last Tuesday evening.
Suddenly he heard a loud whoosh followed by a bang and ran in to find both women shouting for help as flames tore across the room from the propane gas oven.
He said: "They were both panicking so I helped get them outside, along with the rest of the family, and that was when we noticed how badly burnt they were.
"Our neighbours started running out of their houses, and when they saw what had happened one called 999 while others brought wet towels to wrap around the wounds."
Firefighters from Hillingdon and Hayes fire stations arrived, along with two ambulances, a fast response car and a duty officer from the London Ambulance Service.
Both women were taken to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital where Mrs Sadiq was found to be suffering severe burns to her face and arms and Mrs Aslam was suffering minor burns to her hands and feet.
Mr Aslam said: "They let my mum home that night but my auntie had to stay in two days. They were both shaken up and we were just so grateful that nothing more serious happened to them.
"We have had the cooker about five years and never had a problem with it before. It's been taken away now as part of the investigation into what happened."
The family rent the house from a housing association and has lived there since 1999.
Mr Aslam said: "I really want to thank all our neighbours for their help and quick think and also the fire and ambulance staff. There were also two police community support officers patrolling nearby who came to offer aid and I thank them too."