EIGHT Brent schools will be closed tomorrow as teachers go on strike in central London over pension changes.
The council has released the list of schools that will be shut for the day, a further 15 will only be partially open.
The schools to fully close for the day are:
- Carlton Vale Infant School, Kilburn.
- Copland Community School, Wembley
- Curzon Crescent Nursery School, Neasden
- Fawood Children's Centre, Stonebridge
- Gladstone Park School, Gladstone park
- Mora Primary School, Gladstone Park
- St Andrew and St Francis CofE Primary School, Willesden
- The Furness Primary School, Willesden
Hank Roberts, from the Brent National Union of Teachers, said: "There will be no local gathering. All NUT members are being encouraged to go to the march starting from Malet St in central London."
The Brent NUT issued a leaflet to parents explaining the strike action.
It says: "We know this may be inconvenient for you but we hope you will understand why we are doing this and that you will support us. Teachers do not like taking strike action but we believe we have been given no choice by the government.
"We are striking because the government wont listen to us and insist on making unnecessary changes to our pensions. We believe these changes will be damaging for teachers and for education."