POLICE have scotched rumours surrounding the death of a man found in an Uxbridge allotment last week.
Sixty-five-year-old Stuart Begbie, of Lawn Road, Uxbridge was found at 10am on Sunday, May 13, in Barnsfield Place allotment site off Rockingham Parade.
Police were called to the area and began a sweep of the local homes with locals reporting that officers went door to door for information.
Mr Begbie was taken to Royal London Hospital but died on Tuesday of last week.
A police spokesman told the Gazette that there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
One allotment holder has told the Gazette there had been rumours that a man had been the victim of an attack.
Another person who lives nearby said that the police helicopter had been overhead on the Sunday surveying the area.
He said that a police officer had knocked on his door and said he was making inquiries about an attack which had put a man in hospital.
An inquest into Mr Begbie’s death was opened and adjourned at West London Coroner’s Court on Monday.