Armed soldiers have arrived in London to guard key sites as part of increased security measures following Monday's (May 22) attack in Manchester .
Military personnel have been deployed at sites including Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, the Palace of Westminster and embassies, among other locations.
Operation Temperer, which allows military personnel to take to the streets, is now in force and their deployment is part of the response to the UK's terror threat being raised to critical by Prime Minister Theresa May.
Mrs May announced on Tuesday night (May 23) that the terror threat had been raised after fears that a "wider group of individuals" could have been involved in the attack in Manchester.
The critical level means that further attacks may be imminent.
The Metropolitan Police (MPS) said the deployment of armed soldiers will "free up armed officers to carry out patrols".
They also said that more armed officers will be deployed in the city and will perform "proactive operations and targeted patrols, both on foot and in vehicles."
These images show soldiers walking the streets of central London with armed police officers, as members of the public go about their daily business.
Counter-terrorism agencies have mounted a massive inquiry into the atrocity, the worst terrorist attack since 52 innocent people were killed in the July 7 bombings in London in 2005.
Many of the 59 people hurt in the attack were treated for life-threatening injuries and 12 of those rushed to hospital were children.
Among the first victims to be named were eight-year-old Saffie Roussos from Leyland and teenagers Olivia Campbell, 15, from Bury and Georgina Callander from Chorley.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.