A MUM and her young daughter were left without hot water for over two months after the council failed to fix their broken boiler.
Shelley Jux who has lived in Redford Close, Feltham, since October last year, has been forced to travel to the homes of friends and family to wash herself and her six-year-old daughter after the boiler broke on Christmas day.
"It's getting ridiculous, we only have luke warm water, I have rung them so many times," she said. The 26-year-old hairdresser also has the problem of mould in her Feltham flat however she feels her complaints are being ignored by the council.
"The council is just not looking after this property," said Shelley. "I have had chest problems and my daughter keeps getting colds and I'm sure it's because of the mould on the walls. They are trying to tell me it's just damp and refuse to fix it."
This is Shelley and her daughter Allina's fourth home in five years after being moved "from pillar to post" whilst awaiting to be allocated council accommodation. "This place was disgusting when I moved in," said Shelley. "There was even dried blood on the carpet but I have spent my own money doing it up, I didn't ask for a penny from the council.
"All I want them to do is maintain it so I can have a safe, clean and dry home for my daughter, but they can't even do that."
A Hounslow Council spokesman said: "We are aware of Ms Jux’s situation and we have been working with her to rectify the matter."