THESE dramatic pictures show the wreckage of a mobile kitchen containing five propane cylinders after it caught fire in Northwood this morning, peppering the driver with debris and molten plastic.
Four fire engines, including one from Rickmansworth, were called to Batchworth Lane at 9.48am, where the seven-and-a-half ton lorry was ablaze, after the cylinders had been venting.
The driver was given first aid at the scene before being taken to hospital for treatment of minor burns.
The emergency services cordoned off a 200 metre zone around the site. Batchworth Lane and other surrounding roads were reopened slowly after the fire was eventually extinguished at about 1pm.
The lorry was completely destroyed and the cause of the fire is believed to accidental.
The road is also believed to have partially melted as a result of the fire – Hertfordshire Highways have been investigating the damage.
Did you see the blaze? Email Gazette reporter Siba Matti at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments and pictures.