I'M CONCERNED that the fire at Rainbow Industrial Estate in Trout Road, Yiewsley, could have given off toxic fumes (40 evacuated as blaze devastates warehouse, Gazette, March 23.)
The fire started in a plastic mouldings unit and burning plastics give off cyanide, arsenic, dioxins, benzene and other harmful chemicals.
Dioxins and benzene have been proved to cause cancer and birth defects.
Affected residents' health should be monitored and they should be informed of any possible future risk to their health and what to look out for.
We also need to know what is being done to prevent another such fire at other local industrial estates in residential areas.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED