Council officers are today investigating fresh complaints about the building site where a collapse last week brought Hounslow to a virtual standstill.
Demolition work at the site in London Road, Hounslow, has been halted pending the outcome of a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) investigation into what caused part of an empty office block to crash down last Tuesday (July 15), sending debris flying into neighbouring Hounslow bus garage.
But neighbours claim noisy work is still taking place there outside the permitted hours of 8am to 6pm.
Bernard Zieja, who lives in neighbouring Aces Court, said heavy machinery could be heard operating on the grounds from 7.30am this morning.
"They don't seem to have any regard for neighbouring residents," he added.
A spokeswoman for contractor GBM UK, which is carrying out the work, insisted it was sticking to the terms of its agreement with the council regarding working hours.
She said demolition had ceased but 'preparation work' was taking place ahead of the HSE giving the go-ahead for destruction to resume.
"Everything is in place in the method statement for the times we're allowed to work (at the site), and we're sticking to that," she added.
Residents have also complained about the amount of dust being generated but the GBM spokeswoman said 'dust suppression' was in place.
A council spokesman today said it was investigating after complaints from Mr Zieja and other residents.
"Our officers will be making a site visit today and if there is any breach of the permitted times to carry out noisy work we will take enforcement action," he said.
He advised anyone concerned about noise to call the council’s pollution team on 020 8583 5555 or email email@example.com