The list of local heritage assets has been updated for the first time in 13 years.
A Victorian pillar box dating from the 1880s in Madeley Road, Ealing , remnants of old walls in Acton and a few well-known pubs including The Ealing Park Tavern in South Ealing Road, are some of the additions to Ealing Council ’s list approved by their cabinet on July 22.
Many items have also been retained from the former list, including Hanger Lane Station, Old Southall Town Hall and a 1935 red telephone box in Northolt Village.
This was part of a push by the council to conserve the borough’s historic environment and develop a sustainable future for key heritage assets .
Councillor Julian Bell, leader of Ealing Council, said: “Ealing has a wealth of history and is home to some beautiful old buildings from the 13th century to the present day.
“The historic environment is accessible to everybody with heritage gardens, classic Victorian parks and listed ancient monuments found all over the borough.
“We are taking steps to protect, not only the statutory designated assets in our area, but to identify and preserve the character of distinctive elements of the local landscape which are highly valued by residents.”
The new list contains more than 1,000 listed buildings, structures and monuments of architectural or historical importance, and is in addition to the borough’s 300 statutory listed heritage assets and 29 conservation areas.
The Local Heritage Register will be updated annually with applications accepted each year from individuals, community groups or the council.
Buildings are assessed in accordance with English Heritage guidelines based on their age and rarity, aesthetic merits and local interest.