A GRIEVING mum has demanded justice after her daughter died following a suspected carbon monoxide leak last week at a new housing development in Bedfont.
Talented dancer Elouise Littlewood, 26, was found dead on Wednesday night after police forced entry to her Wooldridge Close flat following calls from worried relatives.
Officers also discovered 32-year-old flatmate Simon Kilby unconscious inside the property. He remained in a critical condition at West Middlesex Hospital as we went to press.
Elouise's grief-stricken mum Sally-Anne Littlewood, 47, of Little Park Drive, Feltham, paid tribute to her 'bright, beautiful and full of life' daughter but warned 'someone has to pay'.
She told the Chronicle: "We want justice for Elouise. The inquest could take months and some might like to say criminal proceedings may follow - but I say they will follow.
"The family are doing all right but we're angry. She only moved in last December and it was meant to be a new life for her.
"She was very proud of it and about to have a flat-warming party. In a new block you wouldn't think you need to check the boiler but we wish to God we had."
Separate investigations have been launched by the Met Police and the Health and Safety Executive.
Barratt Homes completed the 339-flat Bedfont Lakes complex last year.
Elouise bought the two-bedroom property through a shared ownership scheme with Notting Hill Housing.
A spokeswoman for the organisation said early indications showed it was 'not at fault' as Barratt had installed the gas system and produced a gas safety certificate with a one-year guarantee.
A Barratt statement insisted the developer was 'working closely' with the relevant authorities but a spokesman had failed to respond further on the case as the Chronicle went to press.
Residents of the complex were evacuated on Wednesday night and forced to wait for hours in a Heathrow coffee shop.
Gas to the block was cut off while checks were carried out and has yet to be fully reinstated.
Mrs Littlewood revealed Elouise had complained of headaches in recent weeks, which she attributed to wearing new glasses.
A post-mortem has been carried out but its results proved inconclusive. Further tests are now under way.
Devastated Sally-Anne last saw her daughter at a WeightWatchers class on Monday night.
She arranged a work appointment on Wednesday lunchtime, but when she failed to attend the alarm was raised.
Elouise, who worked as a child care assessor at Hawk Training, was also a teacher at the Jean Inwards School of Dance in Hanworth.
Principal Jean Bridle said she had demonstrated the splits to her pupils the night before her death.
"She had been with me since the age of eight - it's such a big loss," she added.
"She was very popular with all the children, who absolutely loved her. She was a very kind person and a brilliant acrobatic performer."
Her funeral will be held next Tuesday at 12.15pm at Hanworth Crematorium.
Only family flowers are allowed but donations to the Shooting Star Hospice in Hampton are welcome.