THIRTY firefighters were called to tackle a blaze at a furniture store in Brentford in the early hours of Wednesday.
Crews were called to Goddards Furniture store, by Brentford's Holiday Inn, at about 1.30am.
No one is believed to have been injured in the blaze, which involved three gas cylinders and a caravan.
Damage to the store is believed to have been minor.
Fire chiefs are now reminding residents of the dangers of dumped gas cylinders.
Phil Turcsi, crew manager at Heston fire station, said: "We've got a big issue with gas cylinders and we're trying to make people more aware of the dangers involved."
"If we're called to a fire involving cylinders the whole premises has to be shut down and an exclusion zone of up to 200 metres put in place for as long as 24 hours."
Amnesties during the last two summers, jointly run by Hounslow Council and London Fire Brigade, helped remove nearly 600 old gas cylinders from the borough's streets. Another is planned for this June.
However, Mr Turcsi said the problem often returned and many people simply did not know what to do with used cylinders.
Ideally old cylinders should be returned to the supplier, but members of the public can also dispose of them at Space Waye Re-use and Recycle Centre in Feltham.
Anyone spotting dumped cylinders in and around the borough is asked to report them to the council so they can be safely removed.
Phil Butler, borough commander for London Fire Brigade, said: "Acetylene cylinders in particular are extremely dangerous because they can explode just like bombs, throwing debris up to 200 metres," he explained.