The father of a teenager fatally stabbed at Victoria station last week has spoken of his grief in losing his 'good, funny boy'.

Abdeslam Belamouadden said he could not believe his 15-year-old son, Sofyen Ghailan, who had high hopes for his future, was no longer around and would not be playing football with friends just outside the family home in East Acton.

Moroccan Mr Belamouadden said: "Sofyen was not into gangs or guns. He was a good boy, everyone here knew him and liked him and he made friends and family laugh.

"He loved football and played for Chelsea's youth team and he enjoyed playing on his computer and talked of being a pilot in the future.

"I can't believe he's gone, he was in his mother's womb for nine months and you spend years caring for your children, changing their nappies and then this.

"We're in shock, especially as it happened during rush hour at a busy London station."

Mr Belamouadden said his former wife, Naima Ghailan, had gone to stay with family following the death of their son who was a pupil at the Henry Compton Secondary School in Fulham.

A neighbour whose children played with Sofyen since he was a little boy, said: "It's every parents' nightmare to hear that their child is dead.

"Something needs to be done to prevent these children, as that's what they are, from being killed, and to stop parents from crying more tears.

"As a parent you discipline them and ask them to tell you who they're with and where they're going, but you can't stop them from living their lives by keeping them at home where it's safe.

"It was such a shock to hear Sofyen had died, he was such a good boy."

A total of 12 teenagers, aged 16 and 17 from South East and South West London were this morning charged with the murder of Sofyen Belamouadden and were due to appear at West London Youth Court later today.

Three more teenage boys and a girl were arrested in connection with the investigation and are currently in custody at a South London police station.

A further seven youths, aged between 15-17 have been bailed to return and a man in his 30s was arrested on the weekend and later released with no further action.

Police were called at around 5.20pm to reports of a stabbing at the booking office of the District and Circle Line of the Victoria London underground station on Thursday March 25 and Sofyen was pronounced dead at 6.15pm.