An eight-year-old boy has been praised for saving his mum's life after she nearly choked to death on a chip at their Isleworth home.
Mary Manthey-Steel was eating fish and chips at home in Thornbury Road last Wednesday (November 19) when a chip became lodged in her airway.
As she struggled for breath, Christopher leapt into action, calling for an ambulance and giving the operator their address and postcode.
The Spring Grove Primary School pupil then patted her on the back, helping dislodge the stray chip so she could breathe a little easier until paramedics arrived.
His grateful mother said: "When the chip got stuck it felt like I was being strangled, and I was really worried, but Christopher was so good.
"He was able to give the operator our postcode, which I had no idea he knew, and to answer their questions calmly and clearly.
"When the paramedics arrived they said how well he had done and let him sit in the driver's seat of the ambulance and turn the lights on. I'm so proud of him."
It is not the first time Christopher has come to the aid of his mother. In February this year, their kitchen caught on fire and while Mary called the fire brigade he had the presence of mind to shut the kitchen door to prevent the flames spreading.
Christopher's reward for his latest heroics will be to see his idol, wildlife presenter Steve Backshall, on stage in A Wild Audience With... in a couple of weeks' time.