THE Borough Commander's dedicated assistant and an enthusiastic police constable were among six Ealing people recognised in the Queen's New Year's Honour's List.
* Dr Patricia Ealey of Murray Road, Ealing was awarded an MBE for her services to Holly Lodge Centre, an education centre within Richmond Park, and people with special needs.
The centre caters for people of all ages including children with learning difficulties, disabled people and the elderly. She has organised Easter and Christmas services for people with learning difficulties at St Mary's Church in Ealing for the past 12 years.
* Carol Stone became an MBE this week after working for more than 30 years for the Met in Ealing and Southall.
The civilian support officer is Chief Superintendent Andy Rowell's right-hand woman, supporting all kinds of investigations. Working in Southall in the 1980s, she established key initiatives between faith groups.
* PC Sue Tither has worked in Ealing for more than 20 years since she joined the Met in 1990. She was awarded an MBE for her enthusiastic and dedicated work with the North Greenford safer neighbourhood team.
She won the Met's Community Officer of the Year award in 2010 and this year alone has made 38 arrests, seized firearms, dangerous dogs and nearly s1m worth of cannabis.
* Al'adin Maherali was recognised for his services to business and the voluntary sector.
The West Ealing resident is chair of the Council of Ethnic Minority Voluntary Sector Organisations and director of the Ethnic Minority Foundation. He is a co-opted governor of University of West London and a non-executive director of NHS Ealing.
* The renowned reggae DJ David Rodigan, of Acton, was awarded an MBE for services to broadcasting after more than 30 years on air. He currently presents a late-night reggae show on London's Kiss 100 every Sunday at 11pm.
*Other media success came from BAFTA-winning filmmaker Remi Adefarasin, of West Ealing, who became an OBE for his work in TV and film. He won best cinematography for the 1998 blockbuster Elizabeth starring Cate Blanchett, which was also nominated for an Oscar.