A soccer supporter who viciously punched a rival fan in the face at Harrow-on-the-Hill station cannot enter any football ground in England or Wales until 2014.
Cardiff City FC devotee Michael Belcher, 38, of Trebanog, Porth, was jailed for four weeks yesterday (Monday) at Harrow Magistrates' Court for his assault on a Portsmouth FC follower in the run-up to FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on May 17.
He was ordered to pay £250 compensation to his victim and £300 court courts, and was handed a six-year football banning order at the request of the British Transport Police (BTP).
PC Vic Ackerman, of BTP's football intelligence unit, said: "Belcher was walking through Harrow-on-the-Hill station a few hours before the game when he launched a completely unprovoked attack on his victim, a 35-year-old Portsmouth supporter, punching him in the face purely because he was wearing a Portsmouth FC shirt."
Howard Collins, chief operating officer of London Underground, said: "We take any kind of violence on our network extremely seriously and this attack by Belcher was vicious, unprovoked and totally unacceptable.
"We will always push for the strongest penalties and this is a good reminder to those people willing to be abusive that we will identify them and bring them to justice as swiftly as possible."
Under the terms of the football banning order, Belcher cannot:
* enter any stadium to watch a football match in England and Wales;
* encroach within two miles of any stadium where Cardiff City or the Wales national team are playing a match, for a period of three hours before kick-off and three hours after the final whistle;
* travel on the railways to any place on any day when Cardiff City or the Wales national team are playing a match in that town or city, without permission from BTP;
* enter any London Underground station or train on a day when Cardiff City or the Wales national team play a fixture in London, for a period of three hours before kick-off and three hours after the final whistle;
* surrender his passport to police on any day when Cardifft City or the Wales national team play a match outside England or Wales.